video

Post new topic  Reply to topic Video (international) -> Re: Audiovisual Synthesis in Techno
This is a reply to an article - See Article :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
atomic

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2004 10:52    Post subject: Re: Audiovisual Synthesis in Techno Reply with quote

I would love to see this and it could easily be incorporated into a darkened environment
through the midi triggered lightshow. Directed lights with varying apertures could create
lights with substance. Shapes within the audience and projected nearby to produce the
illusion that the dancer is within the lights and the associated tones.

One possible conflict is if the show is too literal, it might interfere with the
imagination in a contrary way. Even with eyes closed (how I dance most often) flashes from
outside interrupt rather than add stimulous to what I am imagining.

Lower lights keep the internal show going and allow for surreal zero gravity effects.

Personally, I have been seeking technical interest and collaboration on a suit that would
generate and manipulate sounds and/or visual information. Reverse dancing, more or less.
Spoken word, drum sequence and triggered samples could all be relatively easily produced
with this group of sensors. Working out interface and musical interaction are the only
stumbling blocks.

Please feel free to contact me regarding anything of interest and in a productive
direction. Perhaps with a little critical mass development funds/facilities can be
discovered.

om

eniac

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2004 18:48    Post subject: Re: Audiovisual Synthesis in Techno Reply with quote

Maybe the work I've done on the XYNth Hypervisual Synth would interest you? Visuals to
Audio have been my passion now for 4+ years icon_smile.gif

eniac

XYNth

Post new topic  Reply to topic SPRACI Forum Index -> Video (international) All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: