JAPAN
SPRACI - online since 1994

View previous topic :: View next topic  
muzikman

PostPosted: 25 May 2006 09:25    Post subject: Dave Shelton-Fall Reply with quote

Artist: Dave Shelton
Title: Fall
Genre: Rock-Pop
Website
Label: Independent
CD Baby Link

Dave Shelton is a bit of throwback with a classic rock kind of sound to his songs. He
plays all the instruments, guitar, bass, drums, and even provides the background vocals to
compliment his strong lead. The great classic rock sound gets a huge boost from the
keyboard playing of Mark Christopher. He does the Hammond B-3 justice and does a nice job
of layering in a driving groove for Shelton to put all of his instrumentation and voice
on. To top it all off, the mix and sound quality are above average.

"Drive" is a rocker that reminded me of a good Lenny Kravitz tune, Shelton's playing
sounds like Kravitz and his vocals do as well. It has that non-stop energetic beat that
never lets up and some killer lead guitar hooks that grab you right from the start.
"Depression" is what it is lyrically; musically it is one of the meatier and layered tunes
on the recording. There is a nice blend of vocals, instrumentation, and feeling throughout
the track. All 11 tracks offer you some rock and pop with just a smidgen of the blues here
and there to give it that much more depth and overall feeling.

I like this guy Dave Shelton, he is multitalented-singing, and playing like this was his
last shot to make it. Every artist should go into the recording studio that way, just a
like an athlete that competes as if it was their last day on earth. You only have one
opportunity to catch a listener's ear; you may as well do it consistently throughout an
album so the word spreads about your music. I can honestly say that Shelton accomplishes
this, and there are so many that fall short these days, its refreshing and exciting to
hear.

Keith "MuzikMan" Hannaleck

May 24, 2006

01. So Close (3:16)
02. Angel (2:55)
03. Goin Mad (4:35)
04. I Could Be Wrong (3:21)
05. Fall (3:59)
06. Now (3:23)
07. Near (3:12)
08. Depression (3:3icon_cool.gif
09. First Day (4:0icon_cool.gif
10. Drive (4:21)
11. Real (2:36)

Sound Samples

Post new topic  Reply to topic SPRACI Forum Index -> Rock (international) All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: