DUBLIN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
muzikman

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2005 10:20    Post subject: Judas Priest-Rising In The East Reply with quote

Artist: Judas Priest
Title: Rising In The East
Format: 5.1 Surround Sound DVD
Genre: Metal
Label: Rhino
Website

If you think for a second Judas Priest has lost anything over the years, well, Youve
Got Another Thing Coming. I saw this band for the first time in July of this year, and
they blew me away with one incredible performance. Their sheer power as a band and Rob
Halfords unbelievable vocals were something special to witness. Little did I know that
the same performance I saw was going to come out on DVD?

Rising In The East is were else? The legendary venue of Budokan. The quality of
this video is stunning and the sound is just as good. It comes at you full force, pounding
through your speakers in glorious clear and crisp 5.1 Surround Sound. This is a fitting
tribute to the power of the Priest live. They are the only band out there right now making
this kind of metal music, which not only makes them unique but also puts them in a class
all be themselves, which they always were anyway.

Forget about the interviews, bonus goodies and the like, this is JP straight up with no
chaser, 23 tracks of blistering hard rock to set your soul afire and make that hole inside
you fill up with nothing but pure unadulterated metal energy. Yes, this is what it is all
about metal heads, the king is sitting back on his thrown, long live the Priest! Even
Diamonds And Rust with an acoustic guitar strumming along rocks with Halford at the
helm.

I remember the concert in Worcester, Mass. this year and looking at the person that
accompanied me. We both stood there shaking our heads in awe at how Halford could still
scream as he does, he was truly amazing. If you happened to miss any of the shows this
year this DVD is living proof of everything I am saying. This was a true gift for me, a
memento to one the best concerts I have ever seen. I know Budokan is a great venue and
bands record live there for a reason, so this is yet another monument to the importance of
the site. Whether you were at that particular show or any other this year, or even if you
were not, get this DVD.

Keith "MuzikMan" Hannaleck

November 30, 2005

Rating-10/10

01. The Hellion
02. Electric Eye
03. Metal Gods
04. Riding on the Wind
05. The Ripper
06. A Touch of Evil
07. Judas Rising
08. Revolution
09. Hot Rockin'
10. Breaking the Law
11. I'm a Rocker
12. Diamonds and Rust
13. Worth Fighting For
14. Deal with the Devil
15. Beyond the Realms of Death
16. Turbo Lover
17. Hellrider
18. Victim of Changes
19. Exciter
20. Painkiller
21. Hell Bent for Leather
22. Living After Midnight
23. You've Got Another Thing Coming

Judas Priest Website

Post new topic  Reply to topic SPRACI Forum Index -> Message Board All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: