rock
!

Post new topic  Reply to topic Rock (international) -> Wolf Tracks: The Best of Los Lobos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muzikman

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2006 10:33    Post subject: Wolf Tracks: The Best of Los Lobos Reply with quote

Artist: Los Lobos
Title:Wolf Tracks: The Best of Los Lobos
Genre: Rock-Americana-Roots
Label: Rhino
E-Card
Website

Los Lobos is an American institution, whether you realize that or not is another matter.
They are not rock superstars although they are one of the greatest ethnic rock units on
the planet and have received rave reviews since their debut in 1983. They are still under
the radar comparatively speaking when you compare them to other major acts. I have always
appreciated this great band but it is a shame that most people know them from their hits
"La Bamba" and "Come On, Let's Go." There is so much more to this band than a few hit
singles. Their body of work is vast and quite impressive. The eclectic music that is
contained in their albums is enough to fill a lifetime for most performers. Los Lobos span
the roots of everything that is music past and present-from blues, rock, Latino, world and
more. This wolf knows how to survive. My personal favorite album is Kiko, which is an
underrated classic in my estimation.

Wolf Tracks: The Best of Los Lobos is the first single CD that gathers the best of
Los Lobos on one CD. They lost some of the steam they had in the 80's going into the 90s
but I think they are making their way back into a new listener's realm and their devoted
followers, like yours truly, remain steadfast and true. I think of Dave Alvin and the
Blasters at times when I hear their earlier work and when they cut loose with one their
traditional Mexican tunes I can say that my interest and love for their sound never sways,
in fact their uniqueness and perspective remain as fresh and invigorating as it always has
for this listener. The 20 tracks on this CD effectively sum up their career, for one CD
that is. The previously unreleased "Border Town Girl" makes it debut to sweeten the pie.

Yes Los Angeles is proud of their native sons, may they continue to bring joy to the
masses through their wonderful music that has the ability to touch hearts around the
globe. There are not many bands that can play music like Los Lobos and maintain a
following and acceptance like the one they have. If you are a long time fan or need a good
place to start, this CD would be a good choice. Any way you look at it you cannot loose
with music that has no boundaries, its all hear on this CD for your discovery or
rediscovery, whatever the case may be. Viva! Los Lobos!

Keith "MuzikMan" Hannaleck

March 6, 2006

Rating-9.5/10

01. Let's Say Goodnight (2:35)
02. Anselma (3:10)
03. Don't Worry Baby (2:47)
04. A Matter of Time (3:49)
05. Corrido #1 (2:40)
06. Evangeline (2:43)
07. Will the Wolf Survive? (3:43)
08. One Time One Night (4:4icon_cool.gif
09. Shakin' Shakin' Shakes (4:12)
10. Set Me Free (3:39)
11. Come On, Let's Go (2:11)
12. La Bamba (2:55)
13. Volver, Volver (3:47)
14. La Pistola y el Corazn (3:30)
15. Jenny's Got a Pony (4:04)
16. That Train Don't Stop Here (3:52)
17. Kiko and the Lavender Moon (3:37)
18. Oh Yeah (3:4icon_cool.gif
19. Good Morning Aztln (4:09)
20. Border Town Girl (2:56) * Previously Unissued

Los Lobos Website

Post new topic  Reply to topic SPRACI Forum Index -> Rock (international) All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: